08 April 2014

Bathroom Addition - Part Uno

     I really do love blogging...and the whole reason for starting the blog was to show you a glimpse into our life here in Pine Ridge. So I am doing my  best to be more consistent.  This post makes me so very happy!  If you are one of the few HUNDRED people who have passed through our home here at Chanku Waste Ranch, you will be so excited to visit, and stay with us again this summer!
 
 Before we welcomed Noah, Matt's family came up to help do a room addition for the big kids, Jacob and Leah!  Until them they had a small like 10 x 10 room (maybe), room enough for a dresser and bunk beds and not much else. We are so in love with our little Log Cabin and I have been so thankful to have a very attractive handy man living here with me! ha! Then, when the kids and I were in Georgia over Christmas, Matt did a remodel to our little kitchenette by adding a hanging pot rack, dishwasher, new cabinets, and more counter space.  I wish I had more before and afters to show you but that was an after thought. But again, those of you who have been here and stayed with us will appreciate this all the more. Before the kitchen redo. I had NO upper cabinets, hardly any counter space, no dishwasher, a single bay sink, and no storage space. It started to become a pain with our growing family. So once again my sweet man did his thing!
 
   So...low and behold...He truly is my favorite person...is doing a remodel on our closet/pantry/bathroom area.  What does this mean? A PANTRY....gasp! Let me say that again.... A PANTRY!  A full bathroom!!!  Yes, we have only one full bathroom and it's in our bedroom which is inconvenient with having people stay with us in the summer, and just plain taking a number is not ideal. So we are adding a second full bathroom! I can hear the angels singing!  And adding a small closet for Matt's clothes as well. Log cabins don't have closets?! Its true which has made it a little more interesting. My clothes are in the kids' closet. Yep, 5 people using ONE closet. Yikes!
 
So I will be posting pictures in sections. I didn't grab a raw before picture but if you can imagine, we had a closet, a large shelf unit as the pantry, a deep freezer, misc kitchen storage, a half bath, AND laundry room in one small area. So...I'm a little giddy with excitement!
 
 
This is after we moved a lot out. To the right is our half bath with our ONLY built in shelves for storage.
 
This is a tiny glimpse of our little storage area and half bath. Soon to be PANTRY!  I think if I make it really BIG everytime I say it, you'll get the point that I'm excited.
 
 
Part 2 coming tomorrow! Mr. Handyman is working on if after work so we can have it done before the big kids get back from their family visit from Georgia.
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Refined By Design! We love to hear from you and appreciate the comments!